Since the City Hall is a political office building, visitors cannot walk alone in the halls; instead visitors are welcome to join public tours. The public tours aim for individual visitors, groups of more than 10 people must book a tour, see "Group visits".
Tickets cannot be pre-booked or purchased online but they are bought in the ticket office the same day as the visit.
Tours in Swedish are available daily at 12.00 and 14.00.
Tours in English are available daily at 10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00 and 15.00.
Due to the large number of events in the City Hall, tours can be cancelled.
Exceptions to the schedule:
- Monday January 1: the City Hall is closed for visitors, no tours available
- Tuesday January 2: the last tour is available at 14.00
- Friday January 20: the last tour is available at 12.00
- Wednesday February 8: the last tour is available at 14.00
- Tuesday February 21: the City Hall is closed for visitors, no tours available
- Friday February 24: the last tour is available at 12.00
- Tuesday March 28: only two tours offered this day, at 10.00 and 11.00
The admission to guided tours of the City Hall has two different price levels, depending on the season. All prices quoted in Swedish Krona, SEK.
- Adults: 110 SEK
- Seniors (over 65 years old) and students (with a student card): 90 SEK
- Youths 12-19 years old, in the company of parent or guardian: 50 SEK. (Please note that teachers are not regarded as guardians)
- Children 0-11 years old, in the company of parent or guardian: Free (Please note that teachers are not regarded as guardians)
- Adults: 90 SEK
- Seniors (over 65 years old) and students (with a student card): 70 SEK
- Youths 12–19 years old, in the company of parent or guardian: 30 SEK. (Please note that teachers are not regarded as guardians)
- Children 0–11 years old, in the company of parent or guardian: Free (Please note that teachers are not regarded as guardians)
Groups consisting of more than 10 people need to book a private tour. If you are just a few people and still wish to have your own guide, this is of course possible as well. The tours are primarily conducted in Swedish or English, but it might be possible to arrange tours in additional languages upon request.
Private guided tours are offered daily all week (subject to change). Please note that the time slots we offer are 9.00, 11.00. 13.00, 15.00 and 16.00 according to availability.
The price for a private tour starts at 800 SEK, depending on the season and the number of people in the group. Please contact us for further information.
You can book a private guided tour by phone, e-mail or fax. Our telephone hours are Monday-Sunday 08.00-16.30. Please include the following information: Note! Booking is NOT possible for public tours!
- The date you wish to book and preferred time of day
- The preferred language
- Name and phone number
- Name of the company (if applicable)
- Number of people in the group
- Any special needs or requirements.
Telephone: +46 8 508 290 58
Fax: +46 8 508 290 22
Please note that we reserve the right to make changes when necessary for all guided tours. This may include access restrictions or cancellations due to events taking place in the City Hall during the time of the tour. You will be notified as promptly as possible if your booked tour will be affected in this manner.
If you have booked a private tour, you can cancel the tour up to 24 hours before free of charge. For cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to a booked tour, or if a group does not show up, the group will be charged with the minimum price.
Finding the entrance
The City Hall entrance for guided tours is Hantverkargatan 1 .On this address there are two different entrances depending on the season.
From April to September, the entrance is located along the colonnade on the Courtyard’s south side. From Hantverkargatan, you go straight across the Civic Courtyard to the colonnade, where you will see the staircase leading to the entrance on your right hand side.
From October to March, the entrance is located in the City Hall Shop. You find the shop in the vault between the street Hantverkargatan and the City Hall Courtyard.